Australia Day today



It commemorates the arrival of the first white settlers in Australia in 1788 and has become an increasingly popular celebration. As the Left-run schools have robbed Australians of their history, the few shreds that remain in people's consciousness are seized on eagerly. The same goes for Anzac Day, which goes from strength. My family on my mother's side have for many years celebrated the day in a good Aussie way -- with a family get-together over a BBQ lunch. I have just got back from that. I saw quite a few cars with Australian flags on them -- something that is a phenomenon of recent years only.

I was pleased that two young relatives at present in high school expressed a considerable interest in history and knew quite a bit about it. They were scornful of how it it taught in the schools and expressed regret that so little British history is taught -- on the grounds that British history is both more interesting and more important. And the very vivacious girl who expressed that most strongly is half-Chinese!

1 comment:

  1. Fascinated to see "Young men of middle eastern appearance" driving about today with Lebanese flags flying.
    One suspects that they were trying to make a point, but I'm not sure what that point might be!

    ReplyDelete

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them