'F word' used in fashion poster





Australia:
"Teen fashion label Dangerfield has created a stir with a publicly visible advertising campaign that features the F word.

Posters spotted at Melbourne's Southbank yesterday, bearing the slogan "DANGERFIELD F-- OFF WINTER SALE", are clearly visible to pedestrians and drivers travelling along the busy thoroughfare of City Rd. The brazen ad campaign comes while Victorians are threatened with $238.90 on-the-spot fines for using foul language in public.

The Victorian Parents Council's executive officer Christine Delamore labelled the poster inappropriate and crass. "The (F) word has become overused these days - I don't think it has a place in the fashion world,” she said. “I'm surprised they're allowed to use it."

On Dangerfield's Facebook page young girls expressed their excitement at the sale, with one user quipping: "My life is complete". A young man posted a comment inviting the girls to take advantage of the sale at the Dangerfield counters in Myer department stores, where he said he worked.

Source

I think the poster is stupid and unpleasant but I don't try to impose my preferences on others.

1 comment:

  1. There is that "FCUK" company as well. Last time I bought my son some glasses, it turned out they were this brand, which I had not realized. I was pretty cross, as my son only wears them part-time and was carrying them around at school, until I realized, in a case with those initials in big letters.

    ReplyDelete

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them