Priceless!

via Tim Blair:
"SEAL CLUBBED
Warmenist Mark Seal on an unexpected outcome:

When I launched the TalkClimateChange forums last year, I was initially worried as to where I would find people who didn’t believe in global warming. I had planned to create a furious debate, but in my experience global warming was such a universally accepted issue that I expected to have to dredge the slums of the internet in order to find a couple of deniers who could keep the argument thriving.

That prediction soon proved inaccurate:

The first few days were slow going, but following a brief write-up of my site by Junk Science I was swamped by climate skeptics who did a good job of frightening off the few brave Greens who slogged out the debate with. Whilst there was a lot of rubbish written, the truth was that they didn’t so much frighten the Greens away - they comprehensively demolished them with a more in depth understanding of the science, cleverly thought out arguments, and some very smart answers ... I didn’t believe a word of it, but I had to admit that these guys were good ...

In short, and I am sorry to say it, anti-greens (Reds, as we call them) appear to be more willing to comment, more structured, more able to quote peer reviewed research, more apparently rational and apparently wider read and better informed."
But he didn't believe a word of the counter-arguments anyway. Does any sane person seriously doubt that the whole global warming hysteriafest is a beat-up and a religion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments containing Chinese characters will not be published as I do not understand them